Thursday, May 9, 2024

TG Caption: Wish For Their Son

Wish For Their Son

    "Honey, if he never gets a girlfriend, how are we ever going to have grandchildren?" My son had a problem, he had never had a girlfriend. For most people this wouldn't matter, but for my wife, it was a big deal. For some reason she had it in her mind that he needed to get on the marriage train right now.
    "Don't worry about it, let him take it at his own pace. He's still young." It was true, the guy was only starting college, it wasn't something we should be so concerned about right now. But that wasn't like my wife, like always, she intended to take matters into her own hands.
    "Sure, we could... or..." She reached under the bed and pulled out a wooden box we had been holding on to for quite some time. "We could use a bit of magic?"
    "You can't be serious." The "magic" she referred to was that of the monkey's paw. I couldn't believe she would suggest it, its reputation speaks for itself. We could make a wish and it could do just about anything, but certainly not in the most ideal way. Generally the outcome would have some tinge of irony to it. Was she really willing to risk so much to get our son in a relationship just a little bit sooner?
    "Watch me." There was no way this would turn out well, but if she really was intent on it, there wasn't a thing I could do. "I wish for my son to have a beautiful girlfriend, one who he will have a long and fruitful relationship and have children with, however possible." It's finger curled, and reality started to shift. The two of us passed out.
...
    "Wha- huh?" I came to standing outside our house, at the door as it opened.
    "Stephanie! Come in, come in, Andrew has told me all about you!" My own wife was at the door ushering me in and... taller than me?
    "Oh... umm..." I wasn't sure what to say, everything had happened so fast.
    "Andrew your girlfriend's here!" She called up the stairs.
    "Girlfriend?! I-" I didn't know he had a girlfriend? Oh wait, she wished he did before we passed out, that's right...
    "Oh, no need to be shy honey! I'm on your side!" On my side? What did she mean, and why do I feel so exposed? "Thank you so much for coming to have dinner with us!"
    "Thanks for coming Steph." Steph? Wait that's... me. I was Steph. In that moment, hearing my name an overwhelming amount of memories and emotions struck at once. I loved Andrew of course, but not like THAT. It seemed this body was quite a fan of him though. I was Andrew's Dad, but now I was his girlfriend... but if I was his girlfriend then who...
    "Wait- wheres uh... Andrews dad?"
    "Oh, did he never tell you? Andrews dad hasn't been around since not long after he was born." Dead?!    Was I stuck this way forever?
    "Oh! I'm so sorry I don't mean to-"
    "It's okay, it's not like I ever knew him! Besides, who needs him if I have mom and you around?" Yeah... it looks like my wife's wish came true, but I was the only one who was ever going to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment